Drishti India is proud to be the first accredited ocularist practice in the Center India. Drishti India are “Exemplary Providers” accredited by Aravind Eye Hospital & Research centre, Madurai . L V Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad. & Indian Vision Institute (IVI), a Medicare approved, nationally recognized independent accrediting body. An Ocularist is someone who specializes in the fabrication and fitters of realistic ocular prosthesis for people who have disfigured eye due to injury, infection, congenital diseases or post surgery. We at Drishti India strive to provide you with the best prosthesis available in the Southeast. Drishti India take great care in properly fitting the prosthesis and hand painting it to match its companion. Drishti India can fabricate a prosthesis to fit comfortably over an existing blind eye (a corneal scleral shell) and provide other prostheses such as custom conformers for those too young to be fitted with their first artificial eye.
OCULAR, FACIAL, & PEDIATRIC CUSTOMISED PROSTHESIS
Replacement of the lost eye as soon as possible is necessary to promote physical and psychological healing for the patient and to improve social acceptance.
OCULARISTY is the art and science of fabrication & fitting of customised artificial eye or ocular prosthesis to a disfigured or lost eye. The role of an OCULARIST is fabricating an ocular prosthesis with acceptable aesthetics to restore facial symmetry and normal appearance.
When conventional spectacles can no longer help and surgery or medical treatment is not appropriate or very prolonged then it is time to consider “low vision aids”
Different ones are needed for different visual task, these come in a bewildering array of strengths and designs. The range from simple hand held lenses to electronic devices.
- Assessment of visual function on i-pad and Best correction of refractive status.
- Log-MAR visual assessments..
- Treatment by Optical, Non-Optical & Electronic Devices.
- Peli prismatic lens correction for Hemianopia and other retinal disease with Neuro-Optometric management.
Eye problem in children may be hard to determine because children assume their vision is normal and usually don’t complain when problems persist.
Visual Assessment by :-
- Interesting distance and near fixation targets.
- Allen cards(single and linear) HOTV chart, Teller acuity cards.
- Fusional test(worth 4-dot test, Titmus or Randot, Bagolini lenses.
- Accommodative near targets.(finger puppets, wiggle pictures)
- Refraction by objective & subjective method.
- Static & dynamic Retinoscopy.
Amblyopia means reduce vision in a normal anatomical eye.
- Visual assessments and prescribing proper specticales.
- Squint assessment and prescribing prismatic correction.
- Fresnel prism.
- Making of crutch glasses for severe ptosis (Droopy eyelids)
- Occlusion therapy & Orthoptic treatment.
Contact lenses are looked upon as life changing devices in the current life style, not only for those who can see only through contact lenses but also for simple refractive errors.
- Making of customised soft contact lenses.
- Specialized contact lens fitting for Keratoconus (RGP, Rose-K, Rose-K2 XL)
- Soft and silicon hydrogel contact lenses.
- Cosmetic & prosthetic contact lenses.
- Bifocal & Progressive contact lenses.